I’ve used each of these (except Windows Calendar) and I really like different aspects of each. My favorite for overall is Homeschool Tracker. I use the free basic edition, and I use it mostly for attendance and grades, but it can be used for much more.
This year I’m using a combination of HS Tracker (for lesson plans/record keeping), The Master Planner (for menus and other household planning), and Microsoft Works Calendar (for daily routine and keeping track of important dates!).
1. Homeschool Tracker – http://www.homeschooltracker.com/ (FREE for basic edition/ $49 for PLUS edition)**
2. The Master Planner – www.themasterplanner.com ($15 for downloadable forms)
3. The Well-Planned Day – www.thewellplannedday.com (List Price: $24.95; PDF Price: $19.95)
4. Microsoft Works Calendar – I’ve used this for lesson planning as well as just a calendar of events/appointments, etc. Put lesson details in the “appointment notes” and print as daily list. Works VERY well.
5. Windows Calendar
6. Blank Teacher’s Planner (from Abeka or any education section or store) – I use this when I am working on school planning and can’t be near a computer